Why Transfer to Lighthouse?
Transferring to Lighthouse is easy, and any child in place with you can transfer too. We will treat your application and enquiry in strictest confidence and our friendly team will be with you every step of the way. This can be completed in as little as 12 weeks.
We welcome and can arrange for you to speak to one of our Foster Carers.
Here are some of the reasons you might choose Lighthouse:
- Lighthouse Fostering was founded by care leavers and foster carers.
- We have a Child First ethos putting children rather than profit at the centre of all that we do.
- We believe that foster carers should be listened to, respected and supported.
- We offer 20 nights’ respite and we reimburse you if you do not take all of your respite*.
- We pay a Child holiday allowance .
- We Pay a School clothing support
- We pay a Birthday support allowance
- We pay a Parent and Child intial placement allowance
- We have professional staff with a significant amount of experience and expertise.
- We are not owned by a large corporation
- We are an Independent family friendly agency where each carer matters to us.
- We run social events through the year for the whole family and support groups for all carers to meet up.
- We have excellent rates of pay and believe in tailoring the fee to the complexity of the young person.
- We provide 24 hour support 365 days a year from trained staff.
*Terms and conditions apply
Transferring to Lighthouse couldn’t be easier and we will help you every step of the way. The procees on average takes 12 weeks
Under the Transfer of Foster Carers Protocol (2014) any carer can change agency and any child they have in placement already can transfer seamlessly with them.
If you would like to find out more, please call one of our friendly team now.